Bankies remain undefeated after last gasp equaliser


Clydebank remain undefeated as they came from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Cambuslang Rangers on Saturday. 

Steven Higgins, Jamie Darroch and Jordan Shelvey all scored as Bankies staged a second half fight back to snatch a point. 

Bankies boss Kieran McAnespie made five changes to the side that beat Kirkintilloch Rob Roy with Adam Asghar, Andy Paterson, Chris Black, Jordan Shelvey and Steven Higgins all returning to the starting lineup. 

Rangers started on the front boot with Morton hitting a free kick up and over the wall and narrowly past the post.

With a quarter of an hour played, Cambuslang opened the scoring. A corner from the right was only parried by Marc Waters and defender Jack Breslin was on hand to stab home. 

Ten minutes before the break, Bankies should’ve been level with their first real chance of the game. 

Good work from Black down the left saw him cross to the back post, with captain Alan Vezza sending a header crashing off the crossbar.

Two minutes after the restart, Bankies passed up another chance to draw level. McIndoe’s free kick was met by Jordan Shelvey but his shot was well wide. 

Just after the hour mark, Lang doubled their advantage from the spot after Lafferty went down inside the area. Gemmell took the resulting penalty and sent Waters the wrong way to make it two. 

Two minutes later, Lang extended their lead to three in impressive fashion. Jordan Morton picked the ball up wide on the left and unleashed a thunderous drive past Waters.

Bankies then played their first real football of the game to pull a goal back. Chris Black worked the ball to Steven Higgins and the striker instinctively finished. 

Lang were dealt a blow when they were reduced to ten men midway through the half, with Thompson being shown a straight red card for an elbow. 

But the drama wasn’t over as Bankies then gave themselves a chance with four minutes remaining. Jamie Darroch got away from his marker to power a header past Stewart in the Lang goal.

Then with the last kick off the ball, Jordan Shelvey rose highest from another corner to nod home and snatch a point as Clydebank sit second in the table.