Clydebank vs Kilwinning Rangers



    A dismal first half proved costly as Clydebank fell 4-2 to Kilwinning Rangers on Saturday afternoon.

    The result means Bankies have lost back to back league games for the first time this season, leaving them third in the league.

    Clydebank got off to an uncharacteristically poor start, conceding after just three minutes. Barry Fleeting’s cross into the middle was well taken by Ben Lewis, who out ran the Bankies centre back pairing, before slotting the ball under goalkeeper Josh Lumsden from a narrow angle.

    The Buffs’, buoyed by their early lead, pressed well and deservedly got a second. Patient build up play eventually saw Lewis spring the offside trap, coolly slotting the ball past Lumsden he doubled his and Kilwinning’s advantage.

    Things went from bad to worse as Bankies lost a third goal six minutes from the break. A corner from the left was knocked on by Tommy Maitland and, unmarked, Isaac Kerr was on hand to stab home the third goal of a poor first half.

    Bankies could’ve pulled a goal back on the stroke of half time had it not been for a wonder save from Buffs’ stopper Adam Strain. Robbie Halliday’s cross from the right found Ryan Holms, whose thunderous effort was tipped onto the crossbar as Clydebank went into the break three down.

    McGhie make a half time substitution, with Stevie Young replacing Robbie Halliday as Bankies employed a 3-5-2 formation, with almost instant rewards.

    Substitute Young latched onto a long pass and cut inside the Buffs defender, before rifling a right footed shot low under Strain to give Clydebank hope of what would’ve been a remarkable comeback.

    Midway through the half, Bankies’ grabbed a second. Persistent play from Joel Kasubandi saw him set up Young at the edge of the area, with the young striker drilling a shot across Strain to set up a grandstand finish.

    There was however, to be no remarkable comeback as Kilwinning scored on the break. Jordan Shelvey lost possession and the ball was cleared up field to Ian Cashmore, who burst away from Hashim Cole before slotting in his 100th Kilwinning goal that saw the Buffs leave Holm Park with all three points.



    Kilwinning Rangers4