Shotts Bon Accord 0 – Clydebank 2


CLYDEBANK got back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Shotts Bon Accord on Saturday.

Second half goals from Nicky Little and Jordan Shelvey mean Bankies – who hit the post four times during the game – go back up to fourth spot in the Super League First Division.

In manager Kieran McAnespie’s absence, assistant boss Marc McCulloch made 4 changes to the side that lost to Irvine Meadow.

Robbie Halliday, Hashim Cole, Alan Vezza and Nicky Little all returned to the starting eleven in place of Jamie Lyden, Kieran McAnespie, Stevie Young and the suspended Phil Barclay as Bankies opted for a 3-5-2 formation.

It was a fairly subdued first half at a sun kissed Hannah Park, with only Andy Paterson having any real chance of note in the opening exchanges – stinging the palms of Shotts stopper Johnny Murdoch from a free kick wide on the right.

With five minutes of the first half remaining, Shelvey was first to strike the woodwork when his trundling shot – which had Murdoch beaten all ends up – bounced off the outside of the post.

And just after the restart, it was Little’s turn to hit the post. Skipping away from two Shotts defenders inside the box, Clydebank’s top scorer once again left Murdoch rooted to the spot.

Midway through the second half, Stirling Albion loanee Ross Cameron made his Bankies bow – replacing Alan Frizzell. The Binos U20s top scorer was involved almost straight away, winning a penalty after he was hauled down inside the area following a weaving run from Burbidge.

Top scorer Nicky Little stepped up to the spot, sending Murdoch the wrong way to claim his twelfth goal of the season.

And as the clock ticked down, Bankies did manage to add a second. Receiving the ball from wide on the right, Shelvey’s deft back heel saw him expertly turn his marker, curling a left footed strike beyond Murdoch as Bankies left Hannah Park with all three points.

Shotts Bon Accord (A) – All Photos By Stevie Doogan

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: Weblizar