Kilsyth Rangers 0 Clydebank 3


CLYDEBANK secured back to back wins for the first time under boss Kieran McAnespie with a 3-0 victory over league leaders Kilsyth Rangers on Saturday.

Nicky Little’s double alongside a Mark Burbidge goal secured all three points for Bankies, who rise to fourth spot in the Super League First Division.

McAnespie made just one change to the side that beat Cumbernauld United, with Alan Frizzell recalled to the starting eleven in place of Stirling Albion loanee Ross Cameron as Bankies lined up in a 4-5-1 formation.

Clydebank started on the front foot and were awarded a penalty within the opening six minutes. Mark Burbidge drove down the left, with his cross blocked by the outstretched arm of Chris Reid. Referee David Dickinson pointed immediately to the spot, with Little stepping up to fire the ball low past veteran goalkeeper Andy Carlin.

Five minutes later, Bankies doubled their lead. An incisive through ball from Little found Burbidge, who delicately lobbed the ball over the onrushing Carlin as the winger grabbed his first goal the calendar year.

Just after the hour mark, Josh Lumsden was called into action for the first time as he managed to get his fingertips to Scott Upton’s deflected drive from distance and push the goal bound effort over his crossbar.

Nine minutes after the restart, Bankies extended their advantage to all but guarantee three points. Little’s deft touch saw him take the ball past Rangers defender Mark Tyrell before coolly slotting the ball past Carlin for a second time to bag his 15th goal of the season.

Clydebank’s high press continued to cause the Kilsyth back line problems, with Bankies twice coming close to adding a fourth goal of the afternoon.

First, Burbidge burst down the left and cut in on to his right foot, but his curling effort was narrowly wide of Carlin’s left hand post. Then, a ball over the top caught Rangers out, with Alan Frizzell’s shot skewing wide of the target.

As the clock ticked down, Bankies should’ve added a fourth. Carrying the ball out of defence, Jamie Darroch’s lofted pass was misjudged by Rangers right back David Waters, with Mark Burbidge beating three men before firing his shot at the feet of Carlin.

Next up for Clydebank is a trip to Petershill, knowing only a third consecutive win will be enough to keep their promotion hopes alive. Kick off at Petershill Park on Saturday in 2pm.

Kilsyth (A) – All Photos By Stevie Doogan

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: Weblizar